This is Kevin Garce here, Certified Health Coach, and I wanted to share my background, education, expertise and experiences with you.
When I was younger I had higher than normal blood pressure. Armed with the correct advice, my health and blood pressure improved. A big part of the improvement was from nutrition. I learned all the exercise in the world wouldn’t make a difference, if I didn’t change my eating habits.
As time passed, I took my nutrition and health obsession to a new level and became a Certified Health Coach through the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, a leading organization in the health and wellness industry.
I’ve also enrolled and became a member of the Precision Nutrition Academy, the home of the world’s top nutrition coaches. The academy has been coaching clients and certifying nutrition coaches for over 18 years.
I’ve published over 500 articles about nutrition, food and wellness.
Kevin Garce, Certified Health Coach, in his kitchen with some of his favorite smoothie ingredients.
DR. Sears Wellness Institute
I enrolled with the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute. The institute is a pioneer in health coaching and they are recognized for outstanding education, resources and support. They are a leading organization in the health and wellness industry.
There, I specialized in Adult and Seniors course content where I was provided with the knowledge to educate and motivate adults in the following:
- Blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Blood sugar
- Cancer prevention
- Weight management
- Skin care
- Mental health
I successfully completed the training and requirements in 2020 and was designated a Certified Health Coach. Below is a copy of my Certified Health Coach certificated.
Precision Nutrition Academy
In 2022 I enrolled in the Precision Nutrition Academy. They are the #1 most recommended nutrition certification program in the world by business insider.
I’m currently a member there and enrolled in their Level 1 Nutrition Coaching Certification program.
There I have completed a 5 day nutrition coaching course focusing on the following:
- Assessing clients.
- Building a client based action plan.
- Evaluating and measuring client’s progress.
- Adjustments using data gathered from evaluation.
- Educating and supporting clients on their nutrition and fitness journey.
Focusing on nutrition courses at the Academy will further my skills to guide people through their wellness, body and health transformations.
The education doesn’t stop at the course completion. Today I continue my enrollment with the Dr. Sears Wellness Institute and the Precision Nutrition Academy to enrich my knowledge and complete ongoing education in the health coaching and nutrition field. They both provide me with resources, articles and research needed.
The following webinars, books, research and studies have made me a better Health Coach and fits perfectly with the research needed for the articles on my Foods For Anti Aging website.
Webinars at the Wellness Institute
Webinars are valuable resources which has expanded my knowledge to help my clients and research for food and nutrition related articles. I have attended the following nutrition webinars:
- Cooking oils
- The science of sugar
- Artificial sweeteners
- Genetically modified foods
- Veganism & Vegetarianism
- Dietary theories explained
- The digestive system
- Hydrolyzed soy protein/hydrogenated vegetable oil
- Gluten and the gut
- Omega science (Exploring fatty acids and eliminating omega confusion)
- How food acts as information to our cells
- Understanding nutrition and the brain
- Learn the health benefits of nature’s super antioxidant
- The truth about dietary supplements
- The surprising connection between food and the brain
Topics Studied at the Wellness Institute
Articles and research about various topics are available through the Institute. I have studied the following nutrition topics:
- Exercise snacks
- Low levels of vitamin D and dementia
- Almonds supporting the gut microbiome
- Highly processed foods and memory
- Healthy pre-pregnancy diets and childhood obesity
- How diets affect sleep
- Greens and muscle strength
- How to prevent overeating at home
- Fruit and veggie consumption
- Diet and weight loss connection
- Trans fat and dementia
- Red wine linked to gut health
- The truth about junk food
- Lowered nutrition standards in schools
- Chicken chips, healthy or not
- Organic diet and pesticide levels
- Dietary fiber and gut health
- The hey to weight loss
- Ultra-processed foods and cancer risk
- Artificial trans fats
- EWG database of processed foods
- Outdated nutrition advice
Kevin’s Work Has Been Featured in the Following
American College of Lifestyle Medicine
The Dr. Sears Wellness Institute (DSWI) has partnered with the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM). This partnership benefits myself as it provides me with educational materials. There I have researched and studied the topic most interesting to me, nutrition. I have studied the following with ACLM:
- Nutrition myths
- How to make a nourish bowl
- Whole food based plate – Adult
- Food as medicine jumpstart
- Dietary spectrum
- Green smoothie guide
- Grocery list
- Eating on a budget
All these topics have made me a better Health Coach and fits perfectly with the research needed for the articles on my Foods For Anti Aging website.
Health Coaching Books
The following books have been invaluable to me and have made me a better Health Coach:
- Arloski, M. (2014). Wellness coaching for lasting lifestyle change, 2nd Edition. Duluth, MN: Whole Person Associates, Inc. ISBN-13: 978-1570253218
- Jordan, M. (2022). How to be a health coach: An integrative wellness approach, 3rd Edition. San Rafael, CA: Global Medicine Enterprises, Inc. ISBN-13: 979-8445743576
- Kimsey-House, H., Kimsey-House, K., Sandahl, P., & Whitworth, L. (2018). Co-active coaching, 4th Edition. Boston, MA: Nicholas Brealey Pub. ISBN-13: 978-1473674981
Nutrition Related Seminars & Webinars
I have completed the following seminars and webinars from various sources:
- Dietitians and chefs working together to improve nutrition
- Harness the power of wholegrain and prebiotics
- Malnutrition under the microscope
- Dairy and food culture
- Low carb diets
- Unlocking sustainable eating
- Nourishing the undernourished
- Extra virgin olive oil and vegetables
- Cardiovascular disease and nuts
- How the gut, brain and diet are connected
As someone who was employed in a healthcare facility, I’ve had been working with healthcare providers and the rest of the medical staff. I have witnessed different patient’s healthcare needs and treatments.
I have built relationships with patients and have seen how their illnesses have affected their lives. I have personally bonded with ones having nutritional deficiencies and high blood pressure because I can relate to some of them through my personal experiences.
I’ve had countless conversations with my clients and people about complications storing their healthy food and the differences between the choices available.
I have conducted Health Coaching sessions with the following:
- Individuals (clients, family and friends)
- Church groups
- Community groups
- Wellness luncheons
Topics covered in Coaching sessions:
- Health issues
- Pantry makeovers
- Food shopping experiences (how to navigate the store, choose affordable but healthy food)
I personally practice everything which is relayed in my coaching sessions and study materials. I eat healthy food, compare their tastes, prices and nutrients. I belong to a fitness facility where I lift free weights using dumbbells and barbells. I use some of the machines and perform cardio activity everyday.
At home I practice relaxation techniques including yoga, meditation, massage and breathing exercises.
There is no substitute for experience when informing people about these topics important to me.
My clients trust me more seeing I actual practice what is taught, with actual results. I show them my shopping list, they see what food I purchase, they see my pantry, they see I’m at a healthy weight with some muscle definition.
I became a Certified Health Coach because I’m passionate about food, nutrition and exercise
My personal experience with clients, continuing education and self practice in the field of nutrition and Health Coaching has enriched my client’s lives and my own.
For this reason, I started this website, Food storage, choices and alternatives. My intention was to develop this website as a single resource for food storage, education and related topics. By providing the facts, my experience and expertise in the field, my hope is to motivate the readers to make progress with their health and lifestyles.
In this site you will find articles on food storage, the difference between two kinds of food, what nutrients foods contain and facts to educate you on the latest information. I have interviewed and conferred with the following:
- Registered Dietitians
- Primary Care Physicians
- Other Certified Health Coaches to gather the best information possible.
I’ve read up and intensely studied the best high authority websites, webinars and sources on all food storage, choices and related topics.
I have utilized my experience, educational background and health coaching experiences to bring my website to a higher level.
I practice everything learned about nutrition and its benefits myself. I consume all the food recommended by studies and experts in the field. Nothing is more satisfying relaying this information to my clients knowing it’s benefited me.
My clients take me seriously and trust me when they see the results I’ve obtained by practicing proper nutrition and exercise found in the same information passed on to them.
The following websites are a few research sites I use to gather important food and nutrition studies and reports:
- The National Center for Home Food Preservation
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- The American Heart Association
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
- The Journal Of Nutrition
- National Center For Biotechnology Information (NCBI)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
So if you’re looking for the #1 resource of food and nutrition information all in one site, be sure to check out my site’s home page by clicking here.
The following are other profiles and social media associated to me, Kevin Garce: