The Vitamix Venturist V1200 blender is a top quality product and easy to use. Most importantly, it blends with tremendous power and is reliable.
It’s slightly louder than some other models and the timer takes a little longer to adjust. Compared to other blenders, it’s difficult to find a real negative.
Check Price on Amazon Check Price
or if unavailable, compare the price on Ebay Check Price
If the V1200 is unavailable on Amazon you can probably find it on Ebay.
Disclaimer: Some links in this article are affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If the V1200 is unavailable new on Amazon you can probably find it on Ebay
Venturist V1200 Full Review
At the time of this review, I’ve been using the Vitamix V1200 for over one year. It’s not a product I bought or borrowed for this review, I use it regularly. The blender pictures are taken of my machine at home.
I have much to cover, so let’s get on with the review.
Vitamix is located in The United States, Ohio, and has been in business for over 100 years. They manufactured their first blender in 1937.
Vitamix blenders stand out from the crowd for their quality, power and reliability. You’ll find a Vitamix blender in almost any smoothie or commercial business using blenders. Fortunately, the same quality is obvious in their home blenders.
The Venturist V1200 is a more affordable alternative to the Ascent series.
The following is what’s included in the box:
- The motor base
- 64-ounce low-profile container with 2 piece lid
- 20 ounce self detect cup with travel lid
- 8 ounce self detect blending bowl with lid
- Blade base for cup and bowl
- Low-profile tamper with holder
- Blade scraper
- Blending cookbook
What You Can Make With The V1200
The blender does more than smoothies. It’s amazing what the blender and the blades can accomplish. The following is what’s possible with the V1200:
- Nut butter
- Grind coffee
- Hot soup
- Dips and spreads
- Dressings and sauces
- Frozen treats
- Baby food
- Mix batters
My favorite feature, beside making smoothies, is making nut butter out of peanuts, almonds or cashews. The second favorite is how easy I can grind coffee beans. With this blender, there’s no need to buy a coffee grinder.
My third favorite is making healthy dips and spreads.
How To Make Recipes
Bluetooth – Phone App
- Download the Vitamix app and connect it to your blender.
- The blender doesn’t have the preset recipe programs functioning from the blender. To use the preset programs you’ll have to do it from the app.
- Once downloaded the app and the presets are easy to use.
- There are 17 preset programs on the app.
Simply Blending Cookbook
If you’re wondering how to make any of the things above, the other option lies with the cookbook. The hardcover cookbook is included with the blender and is organized into the following six sections of easy to read recipes:
- Sauces, Dips & Spreads
- Soups, Salads & Dressings
- Batters, Dough & Whole Grain Flours
- Baby food
The hardcover is a nice touch and attractive but I’d rather have a spiral bound book which easily remains open while following a particular recipe.
( Vitamix video showing how to use the phone app )
Venturist V1200 Features
Let’s face it, you can have a blender that does everything but if it doesn’t have the powerful motor needed, then the blender is not worth buying. The Vitamix V1200 comes with a 2.2 peak horsepower motor.
This motor is powerful enough to handle all your mixing and crushing. It’s the power and reliability of a Vitamix motor which separates it from less expensive, inferior blenders.
- The laser cut blades are designed to deliver the same quality cutting results from new to old. They are resistant to dulling or bending.
- The blades reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat. This brings cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes when making soups or a similar type of recipe.
The combination of the powerful motor and blades can:
Precise Container Design
The angles located inside the container are designed to fold the ingredients back to the blades for faster, smoother blends.
Variable Speed Control
Use the center dial to pick and adjust the 10-incremental variable speed setting. Easily spin the dial to adjust from speed 1 to 10 (low to High).
The pulse lever to the left of the speed dial allows you to quickly start and stop the blender. This is convenient to layer coarse chops over smooth purees for heartier recipes like chunky salsa or thick soups.
- The digital timer display is directly above the speed dial.
- It can be set up to blend for a specific time and will count down to zero with the blender automatically shutting off.
- Or it will keep track how long the blender has been spinning.
- The timer is adjusted by pressing one of the two domed buttons to the right of the display.
The timer adjustment takes a little longer than some of the other Vitamix blenders available.
Self Detect Containers, Cups and Bowls
How does the Vitamix self detect work?
- The blender will automatically detect which size container, cup or bowl is attached.
- The digital timer will have dashes when a container isn’t detected. Once it detects a container the dashes will disappear and the timer will display.
Built-In Wireless Connectivity
The base of the blender will automatically adjust the blending times for the container, cup or bowl attached to the base.
- The lid is clear which makes it easier to see through the top if needed.
- The middle of the lid has a lid plug which can be twisted off to use the tamper or adding ingredients.
- The lid plug is marked with ounces, liters, milliliters and cups so it can also be used as a measuring cup.
- The lid securely closes by pressing down on it until the two tabs snap onto the lip of the container.
- The tamper can be used to clear air pockets while blending or to move ingredients from the sides.
- The tamper fits through the center of the lid when the lid plug is removed.
- The tamper has a convenient holder which snaps to the left or right side of the base.
The Blade Scraper
The blade scraper is long and thin and is used to remove thick ingredients which may be stuck under the blades like peanut butter.
The Vitamix V1200 is very simple and straightforward to use. It doesn’t have many switches, buttons etc.
The phone app is extremely simple to use. See the video above.
The blender container is easy to clean.
- Just add some warm water and soap into the container.
- Blend on high speed.
- No disassembly of the blade is required.
- The container is also dishwasher safe.
The 64 ounce container is made of strong, durable plastic that is lightweight and easy to carry or lift.
The height of the base and container combined will fit under most standard size cabinets. Therefore, it can be positioned to the rear of your kitchen counter when not in use.
- The gears which transfer the power from the motor to the blades are made of steel. Many blenders, even expensive ones, often have durable hard rubber or some type of plastic.
- The powerful motor is less prone to overheating.
- The switches and controls are thick and sturdy with well built mechanisms.
Available Trim Colors
The Vitamix V1200 comes in the following colors:
Some people who purchase a Vitamix blender like to add the following accessories:
- 12-Cup Food Processor Attachment. Check price on Amazon, 12-cup food processor attachment.
- 48-ounce stainless steel container with lid. Check current price on Amazon, 48-ounce stainless steel container.
- Extra 8 or 20-ounce blending bowls and cups. Check current price on Amazon, 8-ounce blending bowls.
The Vitamix Venturist V1200 comes with a 10-Year full warranty. Vitamix stands behind the quality of the blender with a full warranty covering all parts, performance, labor and two way shipping at no cost to you.
There are renewed blenders available on Amazon and elsewhere. These blenders have the same full warranty but for five years instead of ten.
Either way, this warranty is the best I’ve ever heard of. It truly speaks about the quality of the Vitamix blenders.
My Personal Usage Timeline After 1-2 Years
- Condition: Excellent
- Durability: Nothing has broken, and I haven’t replaced any parts.
- Motor: Has not overheated once.
I’ve had other blenders in the past and the Vitamix is the best I’ve owned. I couldn’t ask for anything better.
When reviewing a product or asking people I know about their Vitamix, I always ask a particular question. If you could travel back in time, would you buy this blender again, knowing what you know now? My answer is yes!
If the V1200 is unavailable new on Amazon you can probably find it on Ebay.Check Price
On AmazonCheck Price
( Vitamix demonstrating The Vitamix V1200 making coconut milk )
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Specifications
- Series: Venturist
- Weight: 11.98 lbs.
- Cord length: 4 ft
- Use: Household
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 8 x 17 in
- Horsepower: 2.2 peak
- Electrical Ratings: 120 v, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps
- Manufacturer: Vitamix located in Cleveland, Ohio USA
What series is the Venturist Vitamix? The Venturist Vitamix is from the Venturist Series. The Venturist series is closely related to the Ascent series.
Does the Vitamix V1200 have bluetooth? The Vitamix V1200 has bluetooth so it can communicate with the phone and tablet application. The bluetooth also enables the blender base to detect the self detect containers and bowls.
Is Venturist same as Ascent? Venturist and Ascent are two different Vitamix blender series. Venturist and Ascent are similar and share many of the same features, functions and accessories.